United Bowhunters of Illinois Forum Index  
 FAQ   Search    Memberlist   Usergroups    Register    Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
Upcoming bills & online witness slips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    United Bowhunters of Illinois Forum Index -> Political Front

Upcoming bills & online witness slips 
bjansen
UBI Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Upcoming bills & online witness slips Reply with quote

There are several bills that we have discussed in our membership meeting last week that I want to call your attention to. Additionally, I want to describe how to submit an online witness slip to show your suppport/opposition to these bills.

Let me first post how to submit an online witness slip for a specific bill.

1. Go to ILGA.gov You will see at the top of the page there is a paragraph in red
2. Click on the words "Click Here" to proceed to the application
3. You will see the bills that are up for the day (you can only do this the day the bill will be called).
4. Click on the bill and fill out your info and submit your position.

This is a fairly simple and straight forward process and every active member we have should do this...takes less than 5 min and can be done from anywhewre.

bjansen
UBI Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go online today, register and be ready to fill out the bills as they come up.

On to the bills for this week

March 12, the Senate & House both have A&C committee hearing on several hunting bills.

1:00 & 3:00 Stratton Building Room D-1 Springfield, IL

HB2619
Short Description: WILDLIFE CODE-CROSSBOW AGE (reducing crossbow age from 62 to 55)
House Sponsors
Rep. Al Riley

Hearings

Agriculture & Conservation Committee Hearing Mar 12 2013 3:00PM Stratton Building Room D-1 Springfield, IL

HB2703 (allows crossbows to be used by individuals AGEs 14 & UNDER)
House Sponsors
Rep. Brandon W. Phelps, Mike Smiddy and Jerry F. Costello, II

Hearings

Agriculture & Conservation Committee Hearing Mar 12 2013 3:00PM Stratton Building Room D-1 Springfield, IL

HB0172 ( chief AJ's slingshot bill changes the definition of a bow to include these slingshot devices) BOW AND ARROW DEFINITION

House Sponsors
Rep. Brad E. Halbrook - JoAnn D. Osmond and Sue Scherer

Hearings

bjansen
UBI Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SB1942 Amends the Wildlife Code. Provides that a person may use a crossbow if the user is 55 and older (instead of 62 and older). Effective immediately.

Senate Sponsors
Sen. Chapin Rose

Agriculture and Conservation Hearing Mar 12 2013 1:00PM Capitol 212 Springfield, IL

bjansen
UBI Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more update. I just filled out slips for all of these bills, thus you do not need to wait until the day of the meeting.

After you register, go to the House and Senate buttons on the left side of the screen. Select Commitee Hearings, then "view hearing details" of the Ag and Conservation Committees. You can then click "Create Witness Slips" and fill out the form.

Thanks

bjansen
UBI Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the form asks which company/entity you are representing you can simply put "on behalf of self"

bjansen
UBI Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HB2619 (Crossbow age reduction from 62 to 55) will be in the Senate Committee on Tuesday April 30.

Online witness slips should be available to fill out on Monday, thus I encourage everyone to go online and submit a slip on behalf of themselves to oppose this legislation.

bjansen
UBI Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more time. HB2619 (crossbow bill) is up for vote on Tuesday's Senate Ag and conservation meeting. (the bill was not called last week)

Please submit a witness slip prior to the hearing to show your opposition.

Last week only 2 UBI members other than myself submitted witness slips. If you have questions on how to use the online witness slip function, call Doug or myself.

Thanks

HB 2619 (SB 1942); HB 2703; HB 0172 Outcomes 
StikMan
UBI Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: HB 2619 (SB 1942); HB 2703; HB 0172 Outcomes Reply with quote

Hey Brad -

I didn't see an outcome for these bills on our site or on the Illinois general Assembly website ... do you have any information? I believe that I may summarize this information and Lynn's open house report as a part of my BoD newsletter article. It seems that our members may not be hearing/receiving this information on our site and responding as we desire. Maybe they'll read about it in our newsletter and get a little more involved.

Thanks.

Sunny

bjansen
UBI Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HB2619
Short Description: WILDLIFE CODE-CROSSBOW AGE (reducing crossbow age from 62 to 55)
Hearings

This was referred to assigments on 5/10. This is dead for the spring session, but may come up in the fall session again.

HB2703 (allows crossbows to be used by individuals AGEs 14 & UNDER)
Hearings

Dead for now. This saved at least a few children's fingers in the coming year.

HB0172 ( chief AJ's slingshot bill which changes the definition of a bow to include these slingshot devices) BOW AND ARROW DEFINITION

Dead for now, however SB1538 (which allows an the use of a slingshot and arrow to shoot rough fish) has passed and is sitting on the Gov's desk.

StikMan
UBI Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Jerry Gille
UBI Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bump for Brad's explanation of how to do an on-line witness slip.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    United Bowhunters of Illinois Forum Index -> Political Front All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: