United Bowhunters of Illinois Forum Index  
 FAQ   Search    Memberlist   Usergroups    Register    Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
2017 Banquet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    United Bowhunters of Illinois Forum Index -> Events

2017 Banquet 
Jerry Gille
UBI Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: 2017 Banquet Reply with quote

The 2017 UBI Banquet will occur at the Northfield Conference Center in Springfield on March 4, 2017. Mike Mitten will be our keynote. His keynote will be a new presentation entitled "The Solo Spirit." I know this date may conflict with some pig hunting but we were very limited with our choices for dates so we returned to our historical banquet weekend date.

Jerry Gille
UBI Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come Join Us at the 2017 United Bowhunters of Illinois Annual Banquet

Saturday March 4

At the Northfield Inn and Conference Center
3280 Northfield Drive, Springfield, IL 62702

Featuring Guest Speaker
Mike Mitten

Mike will present a mid-day seminar on Saturday entitled “Shedding Light on the Dark Continent” where he will chronicle his recent bowhunt in South Africa.

The Saturday evening keynote address will be “The Solo Spirit.” Mike will take us through a journey of self-reliance bowhunting Alaska and the Rocky Mountains.

For more information or to be a vendor at our banquet please feel free to call or email Jim Ellis, ellis@mymctc.net (309) 253-3106

Jerry Gille
UBI Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny McKenzie from Missouri graciously agreed to build us a right handed hybrid longbow, 50 pounds at 28". I've seen pictures of the finished product. It is a nice one! Kenny will be shipping it to me and I will bring it to our banquet.

I finished a 62", 55 pound, right handed d/r longbow that I will be donating. It is flat grain red elm under clear glass with an osage/walnut laminated riser.

Surewood Shafts sent me 3 dozen douglas fir arrow shafts to donate. 2 sets are tapered and the third set is youth shafts. They are very nice premium shafts.

Jerry Gille
UBI Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the banquet and felt like it was a good one. Thanks to the Board, the vendors, Tim Nuss, Mike Wiltse, Mike Mitten, Tom B., everyone that donated and everyone that attended.

Bob@Ace
UBI Director

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We agree, Jerry. It was great seeing everyone again, and thanks for the hard work by all involved and also to those who donated items for auctions & raffles. We always enjoy participating each year and especially when Bob wins the card raffle! Bob & Jan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    United Bowhunters of Illinois Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: